LMDB Published Reports
Project presentations on LMDB have been generating excitement across the US and Europe since 2011.
- This library was first presented at the LDAPCon in October 2011: Paper, Slides.
- It was also presented to the BayLISA User Group in February 2012.
- An updated presentation was given at the UKUUG Spring 2012 Conference in March 2012. The paper and presentation are also available here: Paper, Slides.
- It was presented again at the Ubuntu Developer Summit in May 2012 with more adoption.
- The talk at LinuxCon North America in August 2012 is now online here: Paper, Slides.
- The talk at LinuxCon Europe on November 7 2012 is now online here: Slides. This talk goes into greater detail about how LMDB works and gives examples so developers can quickly get going with LMDB.
- The LinuxCon talk was presented again at the Dublin University Internet Society on March 20, 2013.
- The talk at Devoxx France in Paris March 29, 2013 is online here: Slides, Video.
- The talk at LOADAYS in Antwerp April 6-7 2013 is online here: Slides.
- Meetings were held at the Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit in San Francisco April 15-17 2013 to work with other projects on adopting LMDB.
- Researchers from the University of Wisconsin studied application crash-consistency of a number of systems including LMDB. Their preliminary report from Spring 2014 is here and the final report was presented at the Usenix OSDI conference October 2014. They report finding a single reliability flaw in LMDB but further discussion shows the flaw is not real.
- Researchers from HP Labs and Ohio State University also conducted reliability tests of LMDB and presented their results at Usenix OSDI. Again, they report a single flaw in LMDB, but it’s confirmed to be a filesystem bug.
- The talk at BuildStuffLT in Vilnius November 20 2014 is online here: Slides.
- LMDB was presented at QCon London on March 5 2015, that talk is online here: InfoQ.com.
- A technical introduction to LMDB was presented at the SNIA Storage Developer Conference in Santa Clara, September 21, 2015: SNIA SDC
- LMDB was presented as part of the Databaseology lecture series at Carnegie-Mellon University, October 8, 2015: CMU.