Privacy Statement for Symas Corporation
Privacy statement table of contents
- Scope of this notice
- Our commitment to privacy
- The information we collect
- Using your personal information
- Sharing your personal information
- Your choices about receiving email
- Cookies and other browser information
- Our commitment to data security
- About links to other sites
- How to change or delete your information
- How to contact us
- Changes to this privacy statement
Scope of this notice
This privacy statement is intended to describe Symas’ privacy practices and provide information about the choices you have regarding the ways in which information collected by Symas is used and disclosed.
Our commitment to privacy
At Symas, your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we have provided this statement explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected, used, and disclosed. To make this statement easy to find, we have made it available on our homepage and at every location where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Symas complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Symas has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. Symas has chosen to cooperate with the European Union Data Protection Authorities and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner for unresolved privacy complaints. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Symas’ certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
The information we collect
This privacy statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to Symas, including personal information. “Personal information” is data that reasonably can be used to identify or describe an individual.
Symas collects personal information when you:
- Enter into a trial of a Symas product.
- Complete a Support Agreement for a Symas product.
- Register on the software download page.
- Request support for a Symas product.
- Submit questions or comments to us.
Symas collects personal information from individuals (with their consent) at conventions, trade shows, expositions, and in the course of doing business.
The types of personal information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- Your first and last name.
- Your title and your company’s name.
- Your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province).
- Your e-mail address.
- Your telephone number.
- Your credit card account information.
- Any other identifier that permits Symas to make physical or online contact with you.
- Any information that Symas collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as:
- Your Symas username.
- Your Symas password.
Using your personal information
Symas uses the personal information you provide to:
- Create and maintain your accounts.
- Process, fulfill, and follow-up on your purchases.
- Register your products.
- Answer your questions.
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
Sharing your personal information
Unless you consent, Symas will never share the personal information you provide to us except as described below.
Symas may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit card processing, to provide service, and for email housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this privacy statement).
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud). For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Your choices about receiving email
Symas makes every effort to provide you with the ability to opt in and opt out of receiving communications from Symas.
Symas may send you email about your account, about the services you have purchased, or in response to your questions. Symas may also send you email with information about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive them.
You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information and promotional materials from Symas when you purchase support for one of our products, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you email. Please note that if you choose not to accept promotional emails, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you.
Symas will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of our mailing list at any time. All promotional email sent from Symas will contain a provision allowing you the option to decline receiving future promotional email. You may unsubscribe to an email communication by replying to it with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line. To change your email address on the Symas mailing list, send your old and new email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your protection, Symas may contact you in the event that we find an issue with a product or service you have purchased that requires your immediate attention.
Cookies and other browser information
Our website automatically captures IP addresses. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, and to help ensure the security of your interaction with the website.
Our commitment to data security
About links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. Symas does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from symas.com. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
How to change or delete your information
Symas gives you the ability to change or delete your information at any time. You may unsubscribe from the mailing list by replying with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line. To change or delete any other information, send email to email@example.com describing the change or deletion.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about any of these practices or Symas’ use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by mail at:
HC 64 Box 2916
Castle Valley, UT 84532
Symas will work with you to resolve any concerns you may have about this statement.
Changes to this privacy statement
Symas reserves the right to change this policy from time to time. If we do make changes, the revised privacy statement will be posted on this site. A notice will be posted on our homepage for 30 days whenever this privacy statement is changed in a material way.
This privacy statement was last modified on June 25, 2014.