The Symas BlogKeeping our clients up to date on big fixes, helpful tips, and more.
Symas OpenLDAP 2.4.44-5 Available
Symas is continuously striving to provide our customers with excellent products. This on-going pursuit leads us to offer the newest Production release of Symas OpenLDAP. For the first time, Symas OpenLDAP 2.4.44-5 is available for Debian 8 and Ubuntu 16. This release incorporates new logging capabilities and other features outlined in the Release Notes: symas-openldap-relnotes-2-4-44-5
2.4.44-5 Gold/Silver is available for these Operating Systems
- RedHat and CentOS 5, 6 & 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Debian 7 & 8 (64-bit)
- Ubuntu 12, 14 & 16 (64-bit)
- Windows (32 and 64-bit)
Due to on-going construction of the Symas OpenLDAP Product Download site, existing customers may open a ticket requesting a download link for their requisite Operating System and architecture. Our Silver version is available to anyone wanting to try our product. To obtain a download link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following operational issues were encountered during testing of this release:
- RedHat/CentOS 5 (Gold/Silver) - Heimdal issues prevent Kerberos realm connectivity.
- All Linux OS (Gold) - KDC process will not stop when the krbserver service is stopped.
- To stop the service, search for the KDC (detached) service and kill the process ID manually.
- Windows (Gold/Silver) - OpenLDAP-slapd service loaded as Manual start.
- In Services.msc, set OpenLDAP-slapd to run Automatically for service restoration/continuity following a crash/reboot.
Our developers are aware of these issues and are working to implement fixes that will appear in coming releases.
Speak With Us Today
Our staff are here to answer your questions. 650.963.7601