Symas OpenLDAP 2.4.44-5 Available
Symas is continuously striving to provide our customers with excellent products. This on-going pursuit leads us to offer the newest Production release of Symas OpenLDAP. For the first time, Symas OpenLDAP 2.4.44-5 is available for Debian 8 and Ubuntu 16. This release incorporates new logging capabilities and other features outlined in the Release Notes: symas-openldap-relnotes-2-4-44-5
2.4.44-5 Gold/Silver is available for these Operating Systems
- RedHat and CentOS 5, 6 & 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Debian 7 & 8 (64-bit)
- Ubuntu 12, 14 & 16 (64-bit)
- Windows (32 and 64-bit)
Due to on-going construction of the Symas OpenLDAP Product Download site, existing customers may open a ticket requesting a download link for their requisite Operating System and architecture. Our Silver version is available to anyone wanting to try our product. To obtain a download link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following operational issues were encountered during testing of this release:
- RedHat/CentOS 5 (Gold/Silver) – Heimdal issues prevent Kerberos realm connectivity.
- All Linux OS (Gold) – KDC process will not stop when the krbserver service is stopped.
- To stop the service, search for the KDC (detached) service and kill the process ID manually.
- Windows (Gold/Silver) – OpenLDAP-slapd service loaded as Manual start.
- In Services.msc, set OpenLDAP-slapd to run Automatically for service restoration/continuity following a crash/reboot.
Our developers are aware of these issues and are working to implement fixes that will appear in coming releases.